The University of British Columbia Aquatic Society
To provide our club members with the highest caliber recreational diver training. To provide a learning environment that is fun and enjoyable, safe, and respectful of the underwater environment. To conduct ourselves in a professional and courteous manner. To adhere to PADI standards so that your training allows you to safely explore the underwater world, and so that your diver certification cards continue to be recognized and respected around the world.
To take full advantage of everything we have to offer, you must be a member in good standing with the UBC Aqua Society. All memberships must be renewed every September (as per AMS Club regulations).
As a member of the UBC Aqua Society, you will have access to:
- Monthly club meetings throughout the school year with refreshments, snacks, and various guest speakers
- Monthly club newsletters to keep you updated on charters, events, and courses
- Instructional programs from Discover Scuba Diving to Instructor levels
- Our scuba equipment rentals
- Organized club dives and Monthly Charter Trips
- Opportunities to find dive buddies and friends through our message board
- 1/2 price rentals on club dives and events (contact the Shop for details)
- Free BBQ at Club Dives
- Free Air Fills*
- Free Full Wetsuit Rental 2tank Package
- Annual Membership: $70 (with free gear rental) for AMS members**
- Basic Student Membership: $40 (no free gear rental) for AMS members**
- Non-AMS Membership: $90
- One-day Visiting Membership: $15
- Pro-rated Summer Time Membership (May to August) $45 for AMS members**
For more information on the Aqua Society refund/cancellation policy: Refund Policy
The fine print…
*Free air-fills refer to normal air (21% Oxygen). We will fill a maximum of two tanks per individual for free, within the course of our normal filling schedule at the Shop (i.e., when there are a group of tanks requiring fills, or about every other day or so). A surcharge of $7.50 per tank will be levied for requests for immediate tank fills, or for additional tanks beyond the two-tank limit. This surcharge is necessary to prolong the life of our compressor. Nitrox (Enriched Air) fills require proof of additional training and certification and fills are offered at affordable and comparable rates, and (for safety) at the discretion of the Gas Blender.
**As per AMS Regulations, non-AMS members must be charged 50% above and beyond the cost of AMS Club Membership fees. The Dive Shop values the contributions of our non-AMS members and endeavors to serve you equally in every way possible…if you know what we’re talking about.