Night Diver Specialty
You’ll learn night dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and potential problems. You’ll also learn how to control your buoyancy, navigate and communicate at night. Since many of the plants and animals you’ll see are different, you’ll also get an introduction to nocturnal aquatic life. The Night Diver Specialty is conducted over a series of 3 dives. Contact the shop for details on dates available.*
Night Dives are conducted from shore at one of our local dive sites: Whytecliff Park or Porteau Cove are great local night dives. Night Dives can also be arranged locally from a boat or on a local dive trip.
Sign up now and get your Night Diver Speciality at UBC!
- PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- Includes Scuba Gear Rental Package included Exposure Protection Upgrade
- Experience 3 Local Night Dives
- Divers need to provide there own Personal and Advanced Gear (rentals packages available)
- Typically scheduled during our Regular Thursday Night Dives meeting at 6pm