Tropical Open Water Referral Diver Course Overview
Now is the time to dive into the Tropical PADI Open Water Referral Diver course! Want to do your ocean dives in the tropics? You can do your online e-learning, knowledge exams and pool sessions with us and head on to another PADI 5-Star Dive Shop in the Tropics or anywhere in the world to do your ocean dives and get your PADI Open Water Certification!
As a certified PADI Open Water Diver, the most widely recognized and respected rating in the world, you have the freedom to dive with a buddy independent of a professional. If you already tried a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience or are PADI Scuba Diver certified, check with your instructor to see how credit from these courses may apply to the open water program.
|Pool & Classroom Sessions||UBC||February 6th||6pm-10pm|
|Pool & Classroom Sessions||UBC||February 8th, 13th and 15th||7:30pm-10pm|
Benefits of Tropical Open Water Referral Diver Course:
- Complete more than half the course over 4 weeknights following the eLearning online knowledge developments
- Finish your Open Water Ocean Dives in the Tropics or anywhere in the world with a PADI 5-Star Dive Shop
- Taught by only the highest-rated and most qualified PADI Instructors.
What do I need to start?
Virtually anyone who is in good health, reasonably fit, and comfortable in the water can earn a PADI Open Water Diver certification. You must be older than the age of 15 to begin the PADI Open Water Diver program. For those of you who are not above the age of 15 and would like to participate in the PADI Open Water Diver Program, then the PADI Jr Open Water Diver program is available to you.
The UBC Aqua Society has committed itself to ensuring that your safety is our top priority. We are dedicated to low student to instructor ratios so you get lots of time for fun and practice, not only in the pool, but also in the ocean.
Once certified you can dive to 60′ /18m anywhere in the world, and this is a lifetime certification!
- Includes Annual AquaSoc Membership. Belonging to the Oldest Dive Club in Canada has its benefits! Read more on our membership page
- All necessary rental gear and materials provided. Divers need to provide their own personal gear (Mask, Fins, Snorkel)
- 10% discount on your personal gear (Mask, Fin, Snorkel Package)
- Optional Drysuit Upgrade Available (see Optional Upgrades below)
Note: This course includes an online elearning access pass which will be emailed to you shortly. When you register, you will be able to login into the PADI elearning theory course to complete knowledge development sessions prior to confined and open water dives. Also, you will need to fill up the medical questionnaire. (The PADI Medical form will need to be signed by a physician if participants have any “YES” answers in the medical questionnaire.)
Personal Gear Rental Package – $40+tax
Open Water Silver Dysuit Package +$99 plus tax
- Dry Suit Pool Orientation
- Dry Suit Rental Upgrade 4 Ocean Dives
Open Water Gold Dysuit Package +178 plus tax
- Dry Suit Pool Orientation
- DrySuit Rental Upgrade 4 Ocean Dives
- DrySuit Specialty Materials
- Dry Suit Specialty Certification
Open Water Enriched Air Package +178 plus tax
- Enrich Air diver certification
- Enrich Air dive material
- 2 Free Enriched Air rentals tanks