British Columbia is home to 7 very large ships sunk as artificial reefs. In light of this BC has been ranked on a number of occasions as #1 in the world for it’s artificial reefs. If you would like to see more information on B.C.’s artificial reefs please visit The Artificial Reef Society. The Wreck Specialty contains information on:
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of wreck diving
- The preparation and use of lights, air supplies, special equipment, penetration lines and reels
- Limited-visibility diving techniques and emergency procedures
The Wreck Diver Specialty is conducted over a series of 4 dives.
- PADI Adventure Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 15 years old
- All rental gear included