Become a PADI Openwater Scuba Instructor with our Instructor Development Course (IDC)!
Imagine a job where you actually look forward to heading off to work in the morning. Lead a life others fantasize about. Sailing into incredible sunsets could be the rule, not the exception, especially if you work in a tropical dive destination. The commute to work could be as easy as a ten-minute boat ride. Work now becomes an adventure in itself. While experiencing new cultures and lifestyles, you’ll be surrounded by people who are always happy. When you take people diving all day – everyone’s happy. It’s not all fun and games in paradise, but the rewards are well worth the effort.
- PADI Divemaster
- Hold a dive certification for at least six months
- Proof of CPR training within the last 24 months
- Medical clearance signed by a physician
If you set your sights close to home and aspire to work at a local dive center, you can make it a full time career or a great part time job! There’s a sense of pride sharing something you are passionate about. You help others enrich their own lives by experiencing the adventure of diving.
The PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor program is your final step in the quest to become a PADI Instructor. You’ll receive comprehensive training, supported by a wide variety of PADI educational materials. PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors may conduct a broad range of PADI programs from Discover Scuba to Divemaster.
The OWSI course develops your skills and talents as a scuba instructor.
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
- Experience diving (at least 100 logged dives by the end of the course)
or Contact us for upcoming dates for this course.
- All standard gear rentals (ownership recommended)
- PADI Instructor Crew Pack
- EFRI course and materials
Course does not include:
- PADI fees:
- Instructor Development Course application ($156 + GST)
- Emergency First Response Instructor application ($121 + GST)
- Instructor Examination application ($625 + GST)
- Personal scuba gear (ie. mask, fins, snorkel, dive computer, light, knife, compass, smb, spool)