Explore Sunken Ships
The lure of exploring sunken vessels, airplanes and automobiles is something most divers can’t resist. The PADI Wreck Diver Specialty course introduces you to wreck diving and helps you develop the skills and knowledge necessary for safe and fun wreck diving.
British Columbia is home to 7 very large ships sunk as artificial reefs. In light of this BC has been ranked on a number of occasions as #1 in the world for its artificial reefs. If you would like to see more information on B.C.’s artificial reefs please visit The Artificial Reef Society.
Training dives are typically conducted on the HMCS Annapolis in Howe Sound.
The Wreck Specialty teaches you the following:
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of wreck diving
- The preparation and use of lights, air supplies, special equipment, penetration lines and reels
- Limited-visibility diving techniques and emergency procedures
- The Wreck Diver Specialty is conducted over a series of 4 dives
- Given the depths of our training dives divers should be certified to Advanced Open Water levels and Nitrox specialty is highly recommended