That’s what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. You don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed to advance your diving, so you can start right after earning your PADI Open Water Diver certification. The course helps build confidence and expand your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives. You try out different specialties while gaining experience under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. You log dives and develop capabilities as you find new ways to have fun scuba diving.
This certification includes five Adventure Dives:
- Deep Diver (required)
- Underwater Navigation (required)
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Wreck Diver
- Underwater Naturalist
These 5 dives are conducted over 1 weekend. After these five dives, you’ll be more experienced, feel more comfortable in the water, and simply enjoy diving more because you better understand the underwater environment.
|Classroom||UBC Life Building Room 0022||February 2nd||6:00pm – 8:00pm|
|Ocean Dives||Whytecliff Park||February 6th & 7th||8:00am – 5:00pm|
- PADI Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 15 (12 years of age for PADI Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
- All necessary rental gear and materials provided, including exposure protection Drysuit or 14mm Wetsuit. Divers need to provide their own personal gear (Mask, Fins, Snorkel)
*Divers must provide their own light and tank beacon for the Night Dive.
Note: You will need to fill up the medical questionnaire. (The PADI Medical form will need to be signed by a physician if participants have any “YES” answers in the medical questionnaire.) For more information about our cancellation policy, rescheduling policy and student diver responsibility, please review the Learning Agreement.