Build Skill and Confidence
Rewarding and fun is the best way to describe the PADI Rescue Diver course. This course will expand your knowledge and experience level: Rescue Divers learn to look beyond themselves and consider the safety and well being of other divers. Although this course is serious, it is an enjoyable way to build your confidence.
- To participate in the rescue training sessions in open water, and to participate in the open water rescue scenarios, you must be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Minimum age: 15 years old (12 for PADI Junior Rescue Diver)
- All necessary rental gear and materials provided. Divers need to provide their own personal gear (Mask, Fins, Snorkel)
- Optional Drysuit Rental Upgrade +$49 (requires Drysuit Specialty)
The Rescue Diver Course is composed of the online e-learning course and 2 days of rescue diving in open water. Topics covered are:
- Self-rescue and diver stress
- Emergency oxygen delivery systems
- dive first aid
- swimming and non-swimming rescue techniques
- emergency management and equipment
- panicked diver response
- underwater problems
- missing diver procedures
- surfacing the unconscious diver
- in-water rescue breathing protocols
- egress (exits)
Note: You will need to fill up the medical questionnaire. (The PADI Medical form will need to be signed by a physician if participants have any “YES” answers in the medical questionnaire.) For more information about our cancellation policy, rescheduling policy and student diver responsibility, please review the Learning Agreement.
Contact us for more information
|Rescue Classroom||UBC Life 22||Oct 22nd||6pm – 10pm|
|Rescue Ocean Dives||Spanish Banks & Whytecliff Park||Oct 26th & 27th||8am-5pm|