Location and Contact
UBC Life Building
6138 Student Union Blvd.
WhatsApp (778) 900-9343
About the Club
Established in 1957 the UBC Aqua Society separates itself from the rest of the dive community by integrating the social laid-back feel of a club with the professionalism, and services of a “regular” dive shop. The club is a 100% non-profit organization, which provides a number of benefits for you, the diver. All budget surpluses are reinvested in the club, this can be in the form of pizza at one of club socials and the maintenance and extension of our high quality rental equipment. As part of the UBC education facility, we pride ourselves in training good divers, with good diving habits, and promoting continuing education courses to meet their personal goals with your safety at top of mind. This is our primary focus and will continue to be.
We carry a wide selection of gear, from snorkel keepers to drysuits, and are able to service regulators. We can provide Enriched Air fills and as a service to our members, air fills are free. We run a vast array of PADI sanctioned courses from discover scuba diving to instructor development courses. Our on-site shop managers are available for consultation with any of your dive related questions, comments and concerns.
To provide our club members with the highest caliber recreational diver training. To provide a learning environment that is fun and enjoyable, safe, and respectful of the underwater environment. To conduct ourselves in a professional and courteous manner. To adhere to PADI standards so that your training allows you to safely explore the underwater world, and so that your diver certification cards continue to be recognized and respected around the world.
|Tuesday – Friday
||12:00pm – 6:00pm||*We are closed on the following holidays:
|Monday – Sunday||Closed.|
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Given the nature of the training and trips that the UBC Aqua Society conducts we have the following Refund and Cancellation Policy in place to protect the club. In order to offer our high quality scuba programs with our current cost structure, we must take into account fixed costs such as instructors, bookings and charter rentals. These costs often cannot be recouped unless our courses and charters running near capacity, necessitating this policy.
1. No refunds can be given for COURSES missed for the following conditions: lack of transportation, of commitment, personal reasons or temporary medical conditions. Under these circumstances you be rescheduled for one of our other courses. The course must be completed within a year. Otherwise, the course credit will expire.
2. Refunds will only be given on COURSES because of permanent medical reasons less the cost of materials and completed sessions.
3. TRIPS are refundable only if the UBC Aqua Society is able to re-sell your spot. No refund will be given on spots that Aquasoc can not re-sell, this includes deposits.
4. EQUIPMENT purchased at the UBC Aqua Society may be returned within 14 days with the receipt if it has not been used. No refund is given for special orders.
5. GEAR RENTALS are refundable only if 3 days notice is given.